Sunday, April 25, 2021, 7:00 PM - 8:15 PM
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up as you are already doing."
1 Thessalonians 5:11
The Women’s Ministry is passionate about engaging and encouraging women of all ages through spiritual friendships, mentoring, modeling, loving and teaching one another, in order that we might experience the freedom to become all that God intends us to be.
The Women’s Ministry meets monthly with ever-changing programming, including:
- Love Life Lunches. Lunches include opportunities to get to know other women, to share a meal, to hear a featured speaker and to participate in small group discussions.
- Field Trips. We have organized tours of the National Cathedral and the Bible Museum. We attend conferences and musical events in the greater DC area. We also participate in overnight conferences in Virginia and Maryland.
- Service Projects. The Women’s Ministry has created and participated in a variety of service projects, including “Free the Girls” (bra collection), a t-shirt collection for women in Africa, an eye-glass drive, and other donation drives for local women’s shelters.
- Faith Groups and Bible Studies. We want to help every woman at Christ Church to grow in her faith. Faith Groups and Bible Studies are excellent ways to build knowledge, grow deeper in your faith and to develop friendships. The Women’s Ministry partners with the Discipleship Ministry in promoting groups and studies designed specifically for women.
- Volunteer Opportunities. Service to others is an important part of the life at Christ Church. The Women’s Ministry has volunteer opportunities in developing ministry events and plays an active role in many of the broader church activities, offering a wide variety of volunteer opportunities to fit everyone.
The Women’s Ministry regularly sends out a newsletter with up-to-date information on our varied schedule of activities and events. To keep informed, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
If you have suggestions or wish to join the Women’s Ministry planning team, please contact Kelly at .