“And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts” Acts 2:46
Table of 8 is a great way to meet, connect and share with new friends and family at Christ Church.
What Is ‘Table of 8’?
What Is ‘Table of 8’?
Three times during the year, groups of 8 adults are created to plan meals at participants homes or restaurants. The emphasis is on fun and fellowship, so you don’t have to be a great cook (or cook at all!) to participate. In addition to having a meal together, plan on spending time just having fun: perhaps bowling or board games, or just time talking over after-dinner coffee. Basically, the specifics surrounding the dinner are up to the individual group.
How does ‘Table of 8’ work?
- Three times a year (September, January, May) you have the opportunity to sign up via online registration for you and your partner (if applicable) or simply fill out a form at the church on Sign-Up Sundays.
- After a couple of weeks, groups will be formed and a Group Coordinator will be in contact with you to arrange the details for your first meet up.
- Groups can be creative with the time of day that meals are shared, allowing for breakfast, lunch, or dinner on any day of the week that works best! Each group can decide what works best for them. Generally, if the meal is in a home, it’s easier for the host to provide entrée/drinks and everyone else can fill in with the side dishes. Have fun with this!
- The schedule allows for 3 meal opportunities as a group (approximately 1 x month). Your group can choose to meet more frequently. Coordinators are encouraged to customize their group meetings.
Sounds good, but what if we have kids?
- The decision to include children will be completely up to you! If you’d like your children to be part of the fun, simply note on the sign-up form how many children you have and the overall ‘Table of 8’ coordinator will make sure you are assigned to child-friendly host homes.
- If others in your group also have kids and you’d like them to have some fun of their own, but not necessarily be with the adults, you can pool together on babysitting! It’s really up to what you and the group choose to do. Note: The church will not be providing any form of childcare for this ministry.
How are the ‘Tables of 8’ groups formed?
- Groups will be formed of 8 adults (out of High School). There may be a combination of singles and couples…our intention is to mix EVERYONE together. That way you will have more fun and individuals of all ages and walks of life will get to know one another.
So, who’s that Group Coordinator person?
- When you sign up, you can choose to volunteer as a Group Coordinator (GC). This role is easy and fun --- all you need is a phone and email!
- The GC will simply set up the location, date, and food details for the first gathering. All contact information will be provided to the GC a couple of days after the final Sign-Up Sunday.
- Note that you don’t have to host people in your home in order to be a GC!
I have a few more questions…who do I contact?
- If you have questions about ‘Table of 8’ in general, please contact Kelly at .
- If you have questions that pertain to your specific group and group plans, please contact your Group Coordinator!
Registration has closed for this fall, but look for our next session signup beginning in December!