Table of 8 is a great way to meet, connect and share with new friends and family at Christ Church.
What Is ‘Table of 8’?
Eight adults are grouped together to share 3 meals over 4 months. The emphasis is on fun and fellowship. In addition to having a meal together, plan on spending time just having fun. Consider:
- going bowling
- having a game night
- sharing breakfast at a diner after a morning walk
- BE CREATIVE!
How does ‘Table of 8’ work?
- Three times a year (September, January, May) you have the opportunity to sign up via online registration or simply fill out a form at the church on Sign-Up Sundays.
- The Group Coordinator will then contact you to arrange the details for your first meetup.
- Groups can be creative with the time of day that meals are shared, allowing for breakfast, lunch or dinner on any day of the week that works best! Each group can decide what works best for them.
- The schedule allows for 3 meal opportunities as a group (approximately once a month). Your group can choose to meet more frequently.
Sounds good, but what if we have kids?
- The decision to include children will be completely up to each group.
- If others in your group also have kids and you’d like them to have some fun of their own, but not necessarily be with the adults, you can pool together on babysitting. It’s really up to what you and the group choose to do. Note: The church does not provide any form of childcare for this ministry.
How are the ‘Tables of 8’ groups formed?
- Groups of 8 adults (out of High School) are formed to encourage meeting new people. Groups may be a combination of singles and couples...our intention is to mix EVERYONE together. Our goal is for individuals of all ages and walks of life to share life together.
So, who’s that Group Coordinator person?
- When you sign up, you can choose to volunteer as a Group Coordinator (GC).
- The GC will simply set up the location, date, and food details for gatherings. All contact information will be provided to the GC about a week after the final registration deadline.
- Note that you don’t have to host people in your home in order to be a GC!
I have a few more questions…who do I contact?
- For general questions about ‘Table of 8,’ please contact Kelly at .
- If you have questions that pertain to your specific group, please contact your Group Coordinator!