both the 9:30 and 11am services are open for in-person worship
- Those who are fully vaccinated are no longer required to wear masks in the church building. If you prefer to continue wearing a mask, you are most welcome to do so. We will not be asking anyone to show proof of vaccination.
- We request that you sanitize your hands as you enter the building.
- No offering plates will be passed. Offering baskets will be available by the Worship Center doors. Sermon notes and pens will also be available at the doors.
- The coffee bar will resume service on August 1.
- Because we are a school, masks are required inside the building from 8:30am to 1:30pm during Summer Camp hours.
- No masks are required for fully vaccinated persons outside of school hours.
IN-PERSON kids' AND YOUTH MINISTRY
- Plans are underway to recruit teachers and assistants in order to bring back in-person ministry on August 29th. Multiple opportunities are available to assist from the nursery through 12th grade. To express your interest in volunteering you can click here or, if you have questions, you can contact Angie Graybill (Kids' Ministry) at or Val Taguding (Youth Ministry) at .
IN-PERSON ADULT MINISTRIES/DISCIPLESHIP/CLASSES/FAITH GROUPS
- Fully vaccinated adults are welcome to meet inside or outside of the church building without face coverings.
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
God has the whole world in His hands, and the ministry at Christ Church continues. If you want to talk or need prayer, call us. If you need something and can’t get out of the house for any reason, let us know. We will do whatever we can to be in ministry to our community. You can reach us at 703.425.3580 or .
COMMUNITY AT CHRIST CHURCH
check out what many of our ministries are doing online! click on the "ministries" tab at the top of the website.
Many faith groups continue to meet via Zoom. These groups are open and available to everyone, whether you've attended in-person in the past or not. Please email the group leader directly before joining the group so that they know to expect you, and can inform you of any schedule changes. Just click on the Zoom link to join:
Leader: Barbara Melton,
CHRIST CHURCH HELPING OUR NEIGHBORS
Those less fortunate still require our help with basic sustenance. The world is opening back up, but others continue to experience challenging times. We continue to provide support to the food pantry at Rising Hope Mission Church and the Lorton Community Action Center (LCAC), as well as provide 150 lunch bags each week in addition to personal hygiene bags.
Community Serve Donations are needed now more than ever. Christ Church provides 150 lunch bags each week and pantry items to Rising Hope (RH) UMC. Non-perishable food items needed include (no glass containers!):
- Protein – canned chicken, tuna, corned beef
- Spaghetti sauce – no glass containers
- Tomatoes canned, tomato sauce, tomato paste
- Canned vegetables and fruit
- Cereal - hot and cold
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Soup and broth
- Mac & Cheese, canned pasta
- Pasta, rice, lentils and beans
- Baking goods: flour, sugar, baking mixes, etc.
- Coffee, tea, hot chocolate and juice
- Fresh fruit – apples, oranges
- Fresh produce – potatoes, carrots, onions
- We also need unopened, travel size toiletries like toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, lotion, razors, shampoo/conditioner and deodorant.
Food donations drop off or needs contact: Bev Adams
You can drop off your donations at any time in the bin outside of our front doors at the church.