- Children do not have to be potty trained to enroll in the 2-year-old program.
- The 3- and 4-year-old classrooms are not equipped with diaper changing facilities; therefore, children 3 years of age and up must be potty trained.
In the event of biting, the first incident is handled by sending the child home for the rest of the class day. After a second incident, the child is removed for the remainder of the day, and a conference is scheduled with parents, teachers, director and/or administrator. The child is not allowed back to school until after this conference. A third biting offense results in a two-week suspension with no tuition credit. If this behavior continues, Greentree Christian School has the right to withdraw students from the program.
For Fairfax County Public School system closings and/or delays, please check local news channels or the FCPS website (fcps.edu).
If Fairfax County Public Schools are closed for inclement weather:
- Greentree will be closed.
If Fairfax County has a delayed opening:
- Greentree will open at 11:00am. Classes will end at the regularly scheduled time, 1:00pm; 3:00 pm.
If the FCPS system calls for early dismissal:
- Greentree's classes will end at noon (12:00pm).
- There will be no Stay & Play.
- If you have any concerns about the safety of the streets in your area, please come and pick up your child as soon as possible. We will attempt to contact those registered for Stay & Play.
- If Greentree decides to close prior to noon, parents will be notified.