Our Purpose is to
- provide experiences that meet children's needs and stimulate learning through a developmentally-appropriate curriculum stressing physical, cognitive, emotional, intellectual, creative and spiritual growth.
- appreciate each child’s different level of abilities and development.
- design appropriate activities that facilitate individual learning styles.
- make children active participants in their learning process through hands-on and sensory involvement.
It takes children varying degrees of time to master skills or take developmental steps. Our objectives are to help each child:
- develop healthy self-esteem
- feel comfortable expressing his or her ideas
- develop language
- enjoy exploration and concentration
- make choices and complete tasks
- accept and follow directions
- enjoy and respect friends
- learn about and experience Christ's unconditional love for all people
- Our program is organized to achieve distinct developmental milestones, while matching expectations and teaching practices to each child's stage of physical/mental growth and skill level.
- Recognizing how differently children learn, we use a variety of instructional methods including tactile/hands-on, and experiential learning. Our curriculum engages personal, physical, and sensory involvement.
- Children have daily opportunities to develop large muscle skills, learn about outdoor environments, and express themselves freely and loudly.
- Artistic expression and appreciation are presented through art and music. We offer a variety of art media for creative expression.
- Students examine, explore and experience their world through an exciting, hands-on science curriculum.
- Planning and review systems, adapted to developmental levels, are at work in each classroom. Children learn how to make creative choices, help plan their learning days, and accept increasing responsibility.
- Two-teacher classrooms allow for greater exploration, individualization, and nurturing for children.
- Greentree instructors teach through discovery, and strive to create challenging and supportive classrooms.
Director of Greentree