Join our team!
Church Business Administrator- Responsibilities include assisting the Executive Director in administering the financial, fiduciary and human resource operations of the church. This includes functions related to budget and finance, human resources, operational support, and legal, liability and policy administration for all ministry operations.
· Prepare appropriate and accurate financial records based on generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
· Certify accuracy of financial statements.
· Prepare monthly budget and spending reports to include variances/overages and submit to all staff ministry leaders.
· Maintain chart of accounts that fulfills the financial informational needs.
· Provide direct assistance in preparing all information needed for external audit and communication with the auditors.
· Oversee the management of all church revolving credit card accounts.
· Assemble the annual budget from inputs provided by staff after inputs have been vetted and reviewed in detail to ensure that budgets are consistent with the strategic direction of the church.
· Responsible for monthly closing procedures, including but not limited to bank reconciliations, account reconciliations, and journal entries.
· Review all Christ Church disbursements to ensure they are valid obligations of Christ Church and paid on time, while also maximizing payment discounts.
· Oversee daily operations of the finance department, including training, supervising and evaluating financial staff.
· Administer payroll system and employee benefit plans in compliance with applicable regulations.
· Manage IRS and other governmental code requirements and correspondence.
· Assist Executive Director in development and administration of human resources policies and processes to enhance professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training and recruiting (e.g., benefit revisions for pension, LTD/Life, leave policies and employee classifications and time keeping requirements).
· Monitor General Board of Pensions employer and employee contributions and pension plan agreement to ensure accuracy and remittance in line with pension plan.
· Review all contracts of the church before execution.
· Develop, implement and maintain a system of accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP.
· Prepare statistical reports at calendar year-end for submission to VUMC as a basis for apportionments.
· Comply with filing requirements imposed by local, state or federal governing authorities (e.g., pension, Department of Labor wage/salary regulations).
· Review, generate and issue 1099s to appropriate vendors.
Please submit your resume to Jeff Kimmel at