Together We Rise Against Hunger
Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 6:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Wed, May 30 - Sat, Jun 2
HUNGER DOESN'T HAVE TO EXIST - LET'S END IT TOGETHER!
- 815 million people in the world don’t get the food they need to live a healthy life. 2017 FAO Stats
- 66 million primary school-age children attend classes hungry across the developing world. World Food Programme
- Every $1 spent on malnutrition prevention delivers $16 in economic returns. 2016 Global Nutrition Report
- If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one. Mother Teresa
Christ Church and Temple B’nai Shalom will again join together with others in our community to pack meals for people who otherwise may not eat. In 2017, we packed 251,808 meals that were distributed in El Salvador. This year’s goal is 300,000 meals!
So, why do we do this? Quite simply, God asks us to. God asks us to remember the least, the last, the lost and the lonely. We have a responsibility to reach out to those in need, and this is an excellent way to do it.
What can you do to mobilize the resources to end hunger by 2030?
Pray! As with all things, prepare yourself by praying. Pray for wisdom to know how you can best serve others, pray for the people who will receive the food, and pray for the people who will prepare the food.
Give! Support the event financially. We need to raise $102,000 to cover the overall costs of delivering 300,000 meals to the least of us. That’s a lot of money. But think of it this way:
- $500 will feed a family of 4 for a year!
- The purchase of a $25 souvenir T-shirt will feed a hungry child for a month.
- Click here for more examples of how your gift will impact hungry families.
- Share your fundraising successes with others by contacting Kelly Wickliff. We would love to hear your stories.
- GIVE NOW.
- New this year, we are offering Corporate Sponsorships. Please contact Kelly Wickliff, or Jeff Kimmel, , or call 703.425.3580 if your company or employer might be interested.
Participate! Bring your family and join us as we experience together the joy of being part of something that is bigger than any one of us.
- VOLUNTEER NOW to participate in the meal packing event Wednesday, May 30 through Saturday, June 2.
- Ages 4 and up will enjoy this family-friendly event.
- We have stations to accommodate those with mobility restrictions.
- Childcare will be provided for children under age 4 on Saturday, June 2, from 10:30 a.m.–noon.
Become an educated, engaged advocate for the world’s hungry.