The Vision of Christ Church
Adopted in 1993 by the founding members of Christ Church, our vision continues to be relevant today. We believe that Christ Church is God's church, and we desire to follow God where He leads. Believing that God calls His people to live by faith, to have the assurance of things hoped for and the conviction of things unseen, we believe that God's vision is for Christ Church to be:
- A place where everyone is welcomed in an atmosphere of love and acceptance. Where forgiveness abounds and encouragement thrives.
- A place where the Good News of Jesus Christ can be shared with the residents of not only our nearby community, but all of Northern Virginia.
- A place where thousands of people are welcomed into the life, ministry and mission of the church. A church family that laughs and cries together and lives in harmony with one another.
- A place where every believer will be equipped to use their spiritual gifts in ministry at home, work and play.
- A place where every believer will be nurtured and discipled into spiritual maturity through Bible study, retreats, seminars and small groups.
- A place from where at least one missionary in every continent around the world will be sent or supported, and a church that will send thousands of our members, adult and youth, as short-term missionaries both in the United States and around the world.
- A place that births another church somewhere in Northern Virginia.
- A place on enough land to be a regional church. A church with attractive, efficient facilities for worship, Christian education, a Christian school, youth center, counseling center and elder care.
Although this vision is beyond our ability and resources, it is well within the ability of the One who has revealed it to us.
Worship, Connect, Serve
Why does Christ Church exist? How do we live out our faith in the world?
These are the questions our church leaders asked themselves for the better part of 2010. We read books, prayed together, studied the Scriptures, and blogged together in order to determine how God would specifically use Christ Church to have an impact on the Kingdom of God. We felt strongly that we had to stay true to The Great Commandment (Matthew 22:27–39), The Great Commission (Matthew 28:19–20) and the original vision of our foundational leadership. We also wanted to have memorable words that would reflect both our simple discipleship process and our call as believers in the world.
Worship, Connect, Serve
These three words answered our questions of why Christ Church exists and how we should live out our faith in the world. Christ Church exists to build followers of Christ. We believe that as we come together to WORSHIP God, CONNECT with each other in small groups, and SERVE the Lord and others in mission and ministry, we will be transformed into looking more like Jesus.
We designed our logo to represent this vision in the following ways:
Brown swath symbolizes WORSHIP
- Worship is foundational to all we are and all we do
- In worship we are rooted, nourish, grounded and have our purpose
- Love the Lord your God with all your heart...soul...mind. Matthew 22:37
Green swath reminds us to CONNECT with others
- We connect out of the foundation of worship
- We connect in small groups
- We encourage, support, pray, and carry one another’s burdens
- Love your neighbor as yourself. Matthew 22:39
Blue swath symbolizes our call to SERVE
- Service is the church "on the move"
- It is the only swath that is disconnected
- We are the hands, feet, and voice of Jesus in the world
- Go and make disciples of all nations … Matthew 28:19